Auricular Acupuncture NADA Protocol
The National Acupuncture Detoxification Association (NADA) auricular acupuncture protocol is used worldwide to help people health and recover from emotional, physical & psychological attributes which in western medicine are associated with addiction including
- Anxiety & agitation
- Mental restlessness/ & focus
- Constant appetite
During NADA treatment the clinician applies up to five fine-gauge, sterilized, one-time use stainless steel needles just under the skin at designated 5 points in each ear. The needles remain there for 30-45 minutes while the person receiving treatment relaxes.
Unattended, the strains and stress of daily life on the central nervous system can lead to pain, illness, injury or diminished health. Often when we are in pain, we isolate parts of our body -- my bad knee, my sore neck. As the practitioner, I focus on a slower rhythm in my nervous system so that your nervous system can learn to slow down. It's a subtle but very profound therapeutic approach. In a session, you lie down fully clothed on a treatment table. I will make hand contact with you in one or more areas of your body. By cultivating the skill of attention and noticing subtleties in the body, we find that there is inherent health in all of us.
This ancient therapy consists of the application of vacuum cups over specific points on the body to the surface of the skin over specific points on the body. Used for centuries to treat symptoms of arthritis and fibromyalgia, high blood pressure, migraine headaches, asthma, allergies, as well as mosculoskeletal conditions, cupping therapy can help to decompress and release scar tissue and adhesions, increase circulation, and drain the lymphatic system as well as relax muscles and promoting an overall sense of wellness. While the cups remain on the skin for 15-20 minutes I go over other parts of the body providing a soothing and lymph draining massage.
The oils used in the AromaTouch Technique include:
- dōTERRA Balance® essential oil blend creates a sense of calmness and well-being.
- dōTERRA On Guard® offers fragrant and effective cleansing properties.
- AromaTouch® essential oil blend combines the benefits of oils well known for calming and relaxing effects.
- Deep Blue® essential oil blend has an immediate tingling and warming effect. Because of this and its aromatic properties, it was chosen to be a part of the AromaTouch Technique.
- Lavender essential oil has been cherished for its unmistakable aroma and calming properties for thousands of years. Due to its soothing nature, it is used in the AromaTouch to promote relaxation.
- Melaleuca, More commonly called “tea tree,” has 90 different compounds and limitless applications. It is an essential part of the AromaTouch Technique for its cleansing effects.
- Peppermint, a well-loved oil, provides a myriad of health benefits. Peppermint essential oil is used in the AromaTouch Technique for its invigorating and energy promoting qualities.
- Wild Orange essential oil releases an energizing, citrusy aroma. AromaTouch Technique uses Wild Orange for its ability to energize and revitalize.
Ionic Foot Detox
The ionic foot treatment is a footbath that revitalizes the body's bio-energy. It makes the body more alkaline & allows the red blood cells to flow more freely through the body allowing the body to more efficiently detoxify itself. This detox helps to sooth the body & alleviate symptoms associated with inflammation.
Contraindications: Pregnancy, people with epilepsy, people with electronic or metal devices in their bodies, and those with heart conditions.
From muscle specific Deep Tissue Massage to passive stretching to Swedish Massage, I draw from a variety of modalities to create each session specifically for you. My massages are done with a light oil based gel, or you are welcome to bring in any lotion or oil you prefer. I incorporate hot towels as well as dōTERRA essential oils in each massage to assist in relaxation and to maximize the positive healing benefits of your treatment.
Reflexology is an ancient Chinese technique that uses pressure points to restore the flow of energy throughout the entire body. On the feet (although can be on ears and hands) the structure and organs of the body are represented by a miniature map. Through the reflexive pressure point technique many imbalances within system can be unblocked allowing the body to heal itself.